Twitter marketing is how businesses create and distribute content to drive traffic and build a community for their brands. The main goal of this is to generate sales. With 300 million active users worldwide, Twitter provides a connection to a wide pool of potential customers.
You can clearly see Twitter’s growth in this chart by BackLinko!
Twitter is great for all business owners, especially new business owners. There are multiple reasons for this but the main one is that organic Twitter marketing is completely free! You can tweet as much as you want about your brand and it will cost you nothing. A few other facts that make Twitter unique:
- Allows you to share and promote branded content
- Expands your reach
- Allows you as a user to reach out to customer support quickly, via Twitter
Works as a search engine tool for your competitor brands or on latest topics.
Even with all these benefits, you will still need a strategy in place.
A few basic tips to help with Twitter marketing:
1 — First, study the best
As soon as you create your account on twitter, study the people in your niche, what are they tweeting about? What’s their most liked tweet? Read their blogs — especially the ones that talk about their hurdles. This will give you a blueprint of what to expect so you’re not going in completely blind.
2 — Create a proper business profile
Your profile is going to convey your first impression, so perfect it! Use this checklist:
- A professional profile picture with a clear background
- A bio stating one line about your business
- A statement cover picture
- A pinned meaningful tweet
3 — Tweet consistently
Yes, while going viral on Twitter is everyone’s dream as a shortcut to success, you will still need to be consistent. Tweet every single day with no exceptions at all. It may sound like a lot of work, but there is always something to tweet about. A few ideas:
- Send out a holiday greeting
- Provide quotes from a movie or book
- Explain the benefits of your product/business
- Subscribe to Twitter Daily — Twitter Daily is where we send you a short email with a small task every day for 90 days so your Twitter account always remains active!
4 — Engagement
Retweet your followers’ tweets, reply to your comments and DM your followers back! Your audience loves an engaging business account.
5 — Use VISUALS
This is by far the most important one. Visuals include memes, videos and pictures. This makes your profile appear so much more colorful and lively
6 — Collab with other Twitter users
This is where your studying comes in value. Those accounts you searched for before ? Yeah, DM them and collab with them. This helps both of you increase your exposure and will ensure your rise on Twitter.
These are just a few of the many tips out there of course. But if you need real help then refer to a social media marketing tool such as HypeFury to grow your business account.
Why automate posts?
While growing on Twitter seems great at the beginning. Your business will demand you more and more as your numbers rise. This is where automation comes in.
Automation is the process of optimizing social interactions using automated tools. This includes scheduling your Twitter tweets ahead of time or republishing famous articles.
Automation helps with engagement and management of your account without the hours needed. It is a great way to grow your account. A lot of people are against automation and their argument is usually along the lines of “It doesn’t bring genuine engagement and is broadcasted”. This argument is complete nonsense! If you are familiar with smart social media automation, your posts will sound nothing like a bot.
But you may be wondering, what are some of the benefits of putting your account on autopilot?
1 — Saves time!
Probably one of the main reasons why companies choose automation. At the end of the day, burn-outs are real. And overworking yourself can really cause one which will lead to most of your tasks undone. Automation prevents that. It is one less thing you have to worry about on a busy week.
2 — Time differences won’t matter!
Twitter is used worldwide. Time difference is the enemy of consistent posting. Your audience on the other side of the world may miss half the content you are putting out. Which is why scheduling is beneficial. You can literally tweet while you are asleep and that way your audience won’t miss your Tweets.
3 — You stay consistent!
You can be consistent for years on Twitter, but forget to tweet one day and all your hard work is down the drain. Automating and scheduling your tweets in advance definitely prevents that from happening.
While there are many controversies around automation, it’s safe to say that it has powerful benefits and provides leverage. At the end of the day, a growing business needs a steady shoulder to lean on — and that’s automation. To ensure you are using it correctly;
Here are a few key tips for smart social media automation:
- Social monitoring and listening:
- Studying your audience, your niche and what you post is KEY. You need to know your audience before you put your account on auto-pilot.
- Don’t post the same message twice:
- While evergreen tweets are great, continuously overusing them every time you automate will give the sense that you are lazy. The goal is to make your content as genuine as possible even if you’re not the one behind the screen during the time of posting.
- To be safe, schedule polls or questions.
- Don’t set and forget
- You need to come back to the post and interact with it further. This will show that you do put time into it. If that is not feasible, at least a DM your followers addressing that specific tweet.
- HypeFury has a great automated DM option which lets you DM 1000+ people within 12 seconds. So don’t forget to check it out!
Of course it is necessary to find the balance between automating your posts and using your personal touch with consumers to make your account have a consistent voice and grow followers smoothly.
To learn about more ways you can automate Twitter growth, check out the Twitter and social growth platform that Hypefury has built.